The Texas Freedom Network was founded in the mid 90s by Cecile Richards, Ann Richards daughter and President of Planned Parenthood, to “combat the anti-choice, radical policy agenda of the extreme right in Texas.”
TFN has a SHAC Initiative including a database to track Texas school districts Sex Ed and SHAC activity, white papers, and a Webinar teach people how to infiltrate SHACs.
- 2007 – TFN Education Fund requested Open Records from all 1,031 Texas School Districts.
- All data was entered into a Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) Database.
- 2009 – TFNEF White Paper “Just Say Don’t Know” was released with Results and Summaries. http://a.tfn.org/site/DocServer/SexEdRort09_web.pdf?docID=981
- 2011 – TFNEF requested raw survey data from the TEA and wrote “Sex Education in Texas Public Schools” White Paper. http://tfn.org/cms/assets/uploads/2015/11/Report_final_web.pdf
- 2016 – Open Records Request made to 10 large districts and 138 randomly selected districts.
- 2017 – New White Paper “Conspiracy of Silence” released. http://a.tfn.org/sex-ed/tfn-sex-ed-report-2016-web.pdf